Voting is under way for Switch Up Week, where the stars get teamed with a different pro for one week. Voting will take place until MONDAY 10.5 at 11 pm PT (2 am ET on TUESDAY 10.6), The teams will rehearse next week, and perform on MONDAY 10.12.
- All the pros on DWTS are awesome of course, but you might want Carlos to dance with someone in particular.
- The voting will take place on Twitter, using hashtags. You can either just type your hashtag, or use the abc.com tweet generator to prepare your tweet.
- To be valid, a twitter vote should have three CONSECUTIVE parts. The hashtag #DWTS followed by the star's name then the pro's name. Only pros still in the competition are eligible.
- As of today, for Carlos there are five options. If one of these pros is eliminated on Monday 10.5 they will no longer be eligible.
#DWTS Carlos Lindsay
#DWTS Carlos Allison
#DWTS Carlos Sharna
#DWTS Carlos Anna
- The voting format above is how it is stated in the ABC Voting FAQ, but the show has also tweeted that hashtags without spaces work too, so #DWTSCarlosEmma should be ok, too. The rules only state that "we’ll consider any tweets that contain the three parts listed above (they must be adjacent without other words in between, though spaces are fine). Your tweet can be all about the sandwich you just ate so long as it still has the three required elements in consecutive order (as listed above). And since some Stars and Pros have nicknames, we'll try to anticipate potential variations you might use in your tweets so we can be sure to count those votes, too."
- Who to choose? We have a hard time with this too! We like all the pros, and each might bring something special to working with Carlos. Allison has done a great job with Andy, and was super successful with Riker last year. Sharna brings her high wattage star power, and won't be shy about getting Carlos' posture just right. Anna is a Latin ballroom champion, and has the experience to drive Carlos forward in the competition. Both Emma and Lindsay have done amazing work this year with partners that have absolutely no dance training, so either of them would do a great job, too.
- Let us know in the comments, or tweet us, and tell us who you think might be a great partner for Carlos next week!
ABC.com VOTE GENERATOR HERE
READ THE FULL ABC VOTING FAQ ON SWITCH UP WEEK HERE.
How will the voting be used to determine the match ups?
OK this part gets a little detailed but we'll summarize it for you: Once voting ends, they will count the TOTAL number of votes each male star got (they'll do the same for the women separately.) The male with the MOST TOTAL VOTES, no matter which pro was in the tweet, will be paired up first. That top ranked male then gets paired with the pro that got the most votes for him. Once that's done, they move on to the male with the next highest number of total votes. They will be matched to the pro that got the most votes for them THAT IS STILL AVAILABLE. So if Hayes gets more total votes than Carlos, and Sharna is the top voted match for both of them, then Hayes will get Sharna, and Carlos would get the next most voted pro for him. The show also reserves the right to make any adjustments needed in case the last star to be matched only has their current partner left eligible, or to break any ties.
So the bottom line is, if you want Carlos to have a particular pro, then vote OFTEN. He needs the most votes for that pro AND the most votes overall to make it happen.
Happy voting!! And don't worry the switch is temporary. Carlos will be back with Witney the following week!